Monroe County Drug Bust Puts 10+ Behind Bars
A drug bust at a Monroe county bar lands 18 men behind bars.
11 men were arrested at the Sugar Shack Lounge on South Jackson Street around 1 a.m. Saturday.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office Drug Unit and investigators uncovered suspected illegal activity at the business.
During the execution of a search warrant, investigators found crack cocaine, marijuana and large amounts of illegal alcohol.
The suspects face a variety of drug charges.
The Sugar Shack Lounge received more than 100 citations. Deputies say the investigation is far from over.
Suspects arrested include:
1) Dexter Webb - Sale/Distribution of Alcohol w/o a valid license
2) Cheryl Webb - Sale/Distribution of Alcohol w/o a valid license
3) Daviesiar Brantley - Disorderly Conduct
4) Leon Hart -Parole Violation
5) Landric Brantley - Probation Violation
6) Octavious Watkins - Possession of Marijuana & Obstruction of L.E.O.
7) Quincy Brantley - Parole Violation
8) Carlos Adams - Poss. of Crack Cocaine w/ Intent & Poss. of Schedule IV w/ Intent
9) Lynwood Thomas - Parole Violation
10) Damien Alford - Possession of Marijuana w/ Intent to Distribute
11) Donney Scandrett - Possession of Marijuana w/ Intent to Distribute
12) Quienton Bloodser - Warrant from Bibb County Sheriff's Office
13) Marcellis Barkley - Parole Violation
14) Thomas King - Parole Violation
15) Chris Zellner - Obstruction of a L.E.O.
16) Jessica Rucker - Disorderly Conduct
17) Calvin Thomas - Warrant from Lamar County Sheriff's Office
18) Michael James - Disorderly Conduct