Macon Kicks off 8th Annual Film Festival
The wait is over for Central Georgia’s silver screen showdown as the 8th Annual Macon Film Festival kicks off tonight through Sunday. The festival kicks off with a special screening of “The Buddy Holly Story,” with director Steve Rash at 8 p.m. tonight at the Cox Capitol Theatre, located at 382 Second St.
The event celebrates the art and craft of Independent films throughout the 4 day festival.
Two-time Emmy Award-winning actress, writer and producer Crystal Chappell will be a special guest at the 2013 festival at various venues in downtown Macon. Chappell will screen the pilot episode of her latest web series "The Grove" at the Cox Capitol Theatre on Friday, Feb. 15. The cast is a who's who of daytime television actors including Warner Robins native Bobbie Eakes of "All My Children".
Top 5 must-see events at the Macon Film Festival:
• Thursday: “The Buddy Holly Story,” with director Steve Rash, 8 p.m. at the Cox Capitol Theatre.
• Friday: “The Grove,” with actress/director Crystal Chappell, 8 p.m. at the Cox Capitol Theatre.
• Saturday: Workshops with Crystal Chappell, “On Both Sides of the Camera,” 9 a.m. and Cynthia Stillwell, “The Casting Couch,” 1 p.m. at the 567 Center for Renewal.
• Saturday: “Hairspray,” with actress Mink Stole, 8 p.m. at the Cox Capitol Theatre.
• Sunday: Workshops with Mink Stole, “Adventures in Dreamland with John Waters,” 1 p.m. and Roy Wooley, “Don’t Cover It in Blood -- SFX Makeup,” 3:30 p.m. at the 567 Center for Renewal.
For ticket information, merchandise and a complete schedule of films, visit www.maconfilmfestival.com, call (478) 256-3809 or visit festival headquarters at 567 Cherry St.