Bibb BOE Holds Gang, Bullying Seminars
Violence in Bibb County schools has been a constant problem this school year.
And now, the Bibb County School district wants to involve parents to help put an end to gangs and bullying at local schools.
Tonight, the first of a series of seminars took place at Northeast High School.
The school district is hosting the informative sessions to educate parents about gangs.
Parents also learned about warning signs they can use to see if their child is a gang member or a victim of bullying.
"So its very important that they come out so we can share information with them so that they in turn can work with their children to they can be prepared to some to school so we can work on that strength of character and help make their children college ready." -Campus Police Chief Russell Bentley
Sessions will take place
· Monday, December 3, at 7 p.m. at Central High School, 2155 Napier Avenue;
· Tuesday, December 4, at 7 p.m. at Howard High School, 6400 Forsyth Road;
· Thursday, December 6, at 7 p.m. at Westside High School, 2851 Heath Road;
· Tuesday, December 11, at 7 p.m. at Southwest High School, 1775 Williamson Road; and
· Thursday, December 13, at 7 p.m. at Rutland High School, 6250 Skipper Road.