Animal shelter reopens after parvovirus scare
Warner Robins Animal Control has re-opened after being closed due to a parvovirus case.
Public Information Officer Tabitha Pugh says a dog that was brought into the facility had parvo, causing the scare. She says the area was improperly cleaned after the dog was euthanized which required them to take certain precautions to prevent a possible spread of the disease.
"We didn't have an outbreak, but with there being parvo in the actual facility, all dogs six months and under had to be put down to make sure there wasn't an outbreak," said Pugh.
Pugh says the facility has been cleaned with bleach several times since parvo was detected. Adoptions and animal intake at the shelter have resumed.
The shelter is back operating at normal business hours.