Voters cast their ballots for some big ticket items on Tuesday. Several central Georgia counties were voting on new SPLOST's, Sunday Alcohol Sales and for mayoral and city council positions.
In Macon, Mayor Robert Reichert was the only official candidate on the ballot. Local businessman David Cousino campaigned as a write-in candidate. According to the Bibb County Board of Elections, they won't have the write-in results until all of the precincts have reported.
Staying in Macon, voters overwhelmingly chose to allow the purchase of alcohol on Sunday in the city limits. The 'Yes' votes trumped the 'No' votes 62% to 38%.
Switching to Bibb county, voters said 'Yes' to the SPLOST with an overwhelming majority of voters casting a ballot in favor of the additional funding. The final tally was 73% in favor compared to 27% not in favor.
Staying in Bibb county, Sunday Sales has also passed. 54% of Bibb county voters favored Sunday Alcohol Sales while the remaining 46% said 'No'.
Heading south to Houston county, voters were asked to consider an Education SPLOST. It was an easy victory for the ESPLOST with 72% of voters saying 'Yes'.
Sunday alcohol sales were on the ballot in the city of Perry. Voters there said 'Yes' to both package sales and sales by the drink.
In Warner Robins, three city council races were on the ballot. Post 2 will go to a runoff with Carolyn Robbins and Tim Thomas. In Post 4, a runoff is expected between Mike Brashear and Gene Harrington. And in Post 6, incumbent John Williams took home only 14% of the vote while Mike David will claim the victory.
Also in Warner Robins, voters made decisions on Sunday alcohol sales. The majority of voters said 'Yes' to both package sales and sales by the drink.
In Dodge county, voters were asked to vote for an Education SPLOST. 75% of the voters said 'Yes' to the ESPLOST in favor of new funding.
In Johnson county, voters said 'Yes' to a new SPLOST with 81% of the ballots cast in favor of the new funding. A new Mayor was also chosen in the city of Wrightsville - Lee Williamson came out on top with 56% of the vote.
In Lamar county, voters chose in favor of a new Education SPLOST.
In Monroe county, a new Mayor has been voted into office in Forsyth. Incumbent Tye Howard has lost this election to John Howard II. Sunday alcohol sales also on the ballot in Monroe county - over 2/3 of the voters said 'Yes' to Sunday sales.
In Peach county, the city of Fort Valley will also offer alcohol by the drink on Sunday's as voters spoke loud with over 50% of the ballots cast saying 'Yes' to Sunday sales.
Also in Peach county, in Byron, Incumbent Mayor Larry Collins will remain in office. Sunday package sales and sales by the drink also passed in the city of Byron.
In Crawford county, the city of Roberta will have a new council person in Post 4. Connie Gibson will likely enter a runoff with Charles Cook while incumbent E.T. Presley has been defeated.
In Twiggs county, there will be a runoff for the Mayor's office between Donald Moore and Jimmy Smith. In Jeffersonville, incumbent Mayor Sonja Mallory has been ousted and will be replaced by Annie Hart.
In Wilcox county, voters have said 'Yes' to a new SPLOST there by an overwhelming 90% to 10% win.
In Wilkinson county, incumbent Mayor of McIntyre Vicki Horne will remain in office. Also in the city of McIntyre, voters approved Sunday Sales alcohol by the drink.
Stay tuned to NewsCentral for continuing election coverage as the results are further analyzed and as we look ahead to the remaining runoff races.