WGXA-TV, FOX24 of Macon, LLC, in beautiful and sunny Macon, GA, DMA 118, has an opening for a knowledgeable, experienced, and goal-oriented Marketing and Promotions Director to lead marketing and station promotions across 2 stations in the Macon DMA: WGXA DT1 (FOX 24) & WGXA DT2 (ABC 16).
The Marketing and Promotions Director must be capable of handling multiple tasks. This position is primarily responsible for the day-to-day station and website marketing development and production of stations’ promotional announcements.
The Marketing and Promotions Director must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Organization and time management skills are a must. Position reports to the Operations Manager, Marcus Nash. Compensation based on experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Marketing and Promotions Director or Manager with a demonstrable track record of results, or 5 years experience as a Marketing/Promotions Producer
- Strong demo reel is required (DVD, digital file, or online)
- Reliable, positive, and self motivated individual with strong personal integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks
- Analytical ability to understand and utilize market research, ratings, and other information to strategically compete in our market
- Experience in writing, producing, lighting, shooting, and editing
- Proficiency in television production and post production
- Understanding of media and marketing terminology, television, print and radio advertising
- Proficient in computer software applications such as Final Cut Pro, ENPS, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, After-Effects and other computer applications
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Responsible for the day-to-day station and website marketing and promotions development and supervision of marketing and promotions, both on-air and on-line, across two major network affiliate stations
- Responsible for production of stations’ promotional announcements
- Ability to motivate viewers to watch the stations and visit the stations’ websites through station promotion
- Write, produce, light, shoot, and edit station promotional announcements
- Effectively strategize, build, and execute marketing and promotions operations plans
- Maintaining a fun, collaborative and effective work environment
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please contact Marcus Nash at mnash@NewsCentralGA.com. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled, but preference will be given to applicants received by September 28th, 2012.
WGXA-TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.