WGXA's Healthy Living: Your Experts
200 Northside CrossingMacon, GA 31210
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday8:00am - 5:00pm
Heartland HospiceHeartland Hospice provides health care services to patients and their loved ones living with advanced illness. Care is provided any place the patients call home.
Heartland Hospice is specialized end-of-life care with a special focus on pain and symptom control. It provides emotional support to patients and families.
Heartland Hospice provides supportive care for patients and loved ones living with advanced illness tailoring care to their preferences and choice. Our hospice team focuses on comfort by addressing the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and his/her loved ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Heartland Hospice can help?
- Accessing our hospice care is simple. Hospice care is available to patients with an advanced illness. Medicare’s hospice guidelines include both of the following:
- A documented life-limiting prognosis by a certified physician(s)
- Patient elects to receive comfort (palliative) care.
- Why Heartland Hospice?
- Our caring philosophy, which cares for the mind, body and spirit of our patients as well as family and loved ones. Support is just a phone call away 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Informational visits and evaluations are conducted in-home.
- Who pays for hospice care?
- Hospice is a 100% covered benefit under Medicare. This benefit covers the interdisciplinary team’s services, medications, equipment and supplies related to the patient’s life limiting illness. Heartland Hospice provides care to those who qualify for hospice services regardless of the ability to pay, or insurance coverage.
- Meeting patients in their journey: How does Heartland Hospice do it?
- Heartland Hospice supports the patient and family wherever they are in their health care journey, and upholds the patient’s and family’s wishes, goals and values. We encourage and can facilitate open discussions that foster the understanding of a loved one’s health care choices, while supporting the patient and family during these challenging circumstances.